Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Newborn Hat


Okay baby, anytime you want to come I'm ready!

Until that time I'm just going to keep making things. Here is a little baby hat, made with a free pattern from Janet Russell on Ravelry.

This is my second ever knitting project! I made it with Cascade Superwash 220 Merino, so it can be machine washed. I mostly followed the pattern, but made it shorter with the hopes that I won't have to fold up the brim, and added an "icord" to finish the top. 


The knitting isn't totally consistent... not sure why. Actually I sort of like the "rustic" look, but I might not like it on other projects. It might have happened since this was my first attempt at "magic loop" technique, which is sort of weird to do. Maybe I'll get better at it... or maybe I'll eventually learn to use double pointed needles. 

It was a quick knit, once I got started (it took me awhile to figure out how to join the round and get going with the magic loop thing). 

No comments:

Post a Comment