Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Three Tees-- TNT Vogue pattern and the Hey June Union St

I haven't made t-shirts in ages, so these three have been in very heavy rotation since I made them. 

The first up is actually a remake. You can see the original here, at the very bottom of the post. It was originally made up as a maternity top, using a vogue pattern. But the fit was pretty sucky, even for a maternity top. The neckline was huge and saggy, it was massively wide, and too short. Yuck. Even if I were to get pregnant again, I think I would rather just make a new maternity tee!

But this print was too fun to waste, so I cut it up and remade it using my TNT princess seamed top. 


And here is another from the same TNT pattern, made up in an indigo lace rayon jersey from Marcy Tilton. This one I made "swingy" by flaring the pattern at the hips.


And finally, a new pattern... the Hey June Union St Tee. LOOOVE this pattern, there will be many more of these in the future. It is very quick (only a front, back, and sleeves) and the fit is great right out of the package. Even the length is perfect for me.


Hey June is my new pattern company crush. I want all of their patterns! The fit is just spot on for me.


I sized down one size because I wanted a close fit. For the neckline I used the provided pattern piece to make the neck band, and I finished the sleeves and hem with a twin needle.

When I get clear of the project I'm currently embroiled in, I want to make a dozen of these!

2 comments:

  1. Love all of these! The look great on you and the fabrics are perfect.

    I've been curious about the Hey June patterns, wondering what body type they design for. I'm a tall pear, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondered the same. The union street is a pretty basic pattern, but for some of her others it seems like she is trying to fit as many body types as possible. For example, the lane raglan comes with a separate pattern piece for larger busts, and the Sloan leggings have totally separate patterns for tall, average, and petite heights. Those are the hey June patterns I've tried, and they worked well for me!

    ReplyDelete